Monday 13 June 2011

Blog Playlist (3) - [Deadmau5]

We've reached part three (or the third week in, however you like it) of my blog playlist. Just a reminder, I'm sharing a playlist of some of the best dance and electro tracks every week in the lead up to the Lovebox festival in July.

This week it's the much loved Deadmau5!



Based in Toronto, Canada, Deadmau5 produces a mixture of electro, progressive and house, providing us with some really heavy beats that blow me away everytime. My first pick is The Reward is Cheese. This is more of a late night rave tune. The bassline is sweet yet hard and get's the heart pumping and racing in the right places, like the sound of a car speeding down the track. The beat keeps the tune sane because there isn't really a reliable melody as there are many twists and turns during the track.



My all time favourite from Deadmau5 is Ghosts N Stuff ft. Rob Swire. The pulsating house beat is hard to resist. This one's got more of a rhythm and dance feel to it. The imagery of pumping fists in the air. It's not as fast paced as their other work, and there are sections where the synth makes a calm anc collected appearance for you to grab some air. Listen for yourself, you'll know what I'm talking about. There's nothing to add to it, it's just an amazing stand alone track, with lyrics or not.


Not Exactly is more of a fun free willing track. I've put this one in for good measures. I like this one because of continuous use of the synth and then everything else is added onto it in a way that builds progression in a slight feel free way. It's not too heavy and is an easy listen.


What's your favourite Deadmau5 track and why? I'm hungry for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment